- Boards & Committees A - C
- Affordable Housing Trust
- Housing Opportunities
Hingham Affordable Homeownership Opportunity:
The Affordable Housing Trust is pleased to announce that the Lottery process has begun for two condo units located at 29-31 Rhodes Circle in Hingham.
The deadline to submit the application is July 28, 2023.
Download the application by clicking the following: 29-31 Rhodes Circle Lottery Application.
To learn more about 29-31 Rhodes Circle, as well as future Affordable Homeownership Opportunities in Hingham, please CLICK HERE.
Looking for an Affordable Rental Unit in Hingham?
Avalon Residences at the Hingham Shipyard
Contact the Leasing Office at 781-676-3576 to inquire about availability or place your name on the wait-list.
Avalon at the Hingham Shipyard
Contact the Leasing Office at 781-749-7822 to inquire about availability or place your name on the wait-list.
Brewer Meadows Off of Summer Street
Contact the Housing Authority at 781-741-1417 to inquire about availability or place your name on the wait-list.
Linden Ponds Retirement Community
Contact the Sales Office at 800-521-5031 to inquire about availability or place your name on the wait-list.
The Cove, 300 - 350 Beal Street (55 Units)
The Cove is a brand-new apartment community consisting of 220 units. Amenities include onsite fitness, clubroom, lounge, resort-style, pool and some structured parking. Utilities not included in monthly rents. Contact the Leasing Office: Taylor Nelson, 833-254-0980, Email Taylor Nelson
Looking for an Affordable Homeownership Opportunity in Hingham?
Wait list for homeownership units
Please contact Jennifer Oram, Zoning Administrator, by phone 781-804-2315 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
How do I locate available affordable housing?
The Housing Trust provides listing information on currently available affordable housing opportunities in Hingham. You can also search for housing statewide by following either of the links below:
- State-wide listing of affordable housing lotteries and re-sales published by the nonprofit Massachusetts Affordable Housing Alliance (MAHA)
- Registry of affordable rental and homeownership opportunities, including search feature for people with disabilities who require accessible or barrier-free housing
- Housing Navigator
Am I eligible to purchase deed restricted housing?
The eligibility requirements generally include the following:
- The home must be intended for and maintained as your principal residence
- Your assets must not exceed $75,000
- You must be preapproved for a mortgage with a lender
- You must be a first-time homebuyer (or one that has had no homeownership interest in a residence during the past three years OR you are a displaced homemaker or single parent who has only owned a home with a former spouse while married)
- You must fall within 80% of the HUD annual median household income in the Boston Area as indicated below:
Household Size - 2023 Income Limits
- 1-person - $82,950
- 2-person - $94,800
- 3-person - $106,650
- 4-person - $118,450
Where are Homebuyer Education Resources offered?
A number of agencies offer homebuyer education for first-time purchasers. Please follow the links below to find a workshop:
- CHAPA's Homebuyer Workshops Calendar for first-time homebuyers
- CHAPA's listing of agencies offering online homebuyer education workshops approved by the Massachusetts Homeownership Collaborative
How do I finance a home purchase?
- The ONE Mortgage Program (formerly known as SoftSecond Program) provides affordable financing for low and moderate income homebuyers. Please visit the Massachusetts Housing Partnership for more information and to locate a participating lender.
- MassHousing, the state's affordable housing bank, provides information on loans available and approved lenders.