Bulky, Construction & Demolition Waste
COVID-19 Update: Scale Operation and Bulky Waste Resumes
Effective, May 23, 2020, scale operations for bulky waste and construction and demolition (C&D) debris re-opened at the Transfer Station for Hingham residents and commercial permit holders.
At this time, any Hingham resident or commercial permit holder with a valid Transfer Station sticker, who wishes to dispose of bulky items or C&D waste will be required to go over the scale for inspection and pay the appropriate fee by preferably by Credit / Debit Card. The cost is $0.06/lb with a minimum fee of $15.00 for up to 250 lbs.
Any Hingham resident or commercial permit holder who wishes to dispose of bulky items or C&D must wear a mask or face covering during the inspection and scale transaction.
The Transfer Station is open for normal business hours of 7:00 am - 4:00 pm Thursday through Sunday. The Swap Shop remains closed at this time.
The DPW appreciates your cooperation during this unprecedented time. Please check for updates going forward.
DPW Office remains closed at this time. Please see above information for our current bulk waste disposal policy.
You may borrow a vehicle (bring registration) to dispose of bulky, construction and demolition waste, however, it CANNOT be a commercial vehicle (commercial plates or writing on the side of the vehicle). If renting a vehicle it may be a pickup truck or van (please bring rental agreement).
NOTE: Box trucks and utility trailers larger than 5x9 are PROHIBITED from the Transfer Station.
Limit: 3 cubic yards per household per week
- Place bulky waste in open top trailer.
- All wood waste MUST be cut into 3-foot lengths (this will be strictly enforced).
- Separate all other trash from construction type waste.
- 3 cubic yards are allowed per resident per week.
- All loads must be inspected by Department of Public Works personnel for waste ban items when permit is obtained.
- Non-compostable wood wastes of all types are accepted.
- Construction/demolition materials.
- Large furniture, rugs
- Mattress/Boxspring - $20 each item
- All metal must be recycled. No metal allowed into construction and demolition/bulky waste containers.
- Please separate all household rubbish from construction type waste.
- All waste ban (i.e. recyclable and hazardous waste items) are prohibited from disposal in these containers.
- All rubble (i.e., tile, cement, granite, brick, stones etc.)